Search This Blog

Monday, March 25, 2019

Confessions of a pregnant woman...

I've been struggling to think of what to write for my next blog post for a while now, then today something happened that I thought could be quite funny and embarrassing so why not write about it? so here goes...

If you'd have told me a year ago I would be comparing running a half marathon to shaving my legs at 7 months pregnant I would have laughed in your face... I'm not laughing now!
As I hadn't been swimming in a few weeks and am paying for a membership I thought I better get some use out of it so I went about my day today with swimming planned for the evening.


Swim bag packed and ready to go. OH SHIT... I need to shave my legs! the dreaded job you really cant be arsed to do during the colder months, I don't know about others but I'm lazy and shave my legs in the bath a picture I'm sure nobody wants in their head of me leg up on the side of the bath trying my hardest not to let it slip back in the bath and cause a tidal wave over me! Anyway I thought I better shave my legs as they now resemble 2 Christmas trees (No joke!) just in case I get asked to leave the pool because I'm scaring the kids.



As the shaving in the bath days are officially over for a few more months for obvious reasons I had no choice but to stand in the bath and do it. Well bugger me I could have run a half marathon easier than what was about to befall me. Have you ever tried reaching your ankles when you have a stomach the size of Santa's belly? Jesus that reach down felt like a mile. Do I call my husband to help? I cant go swimming with patchy legs! anyway I managed ( just) but after id finished I'm not going to lie I had to have a sit down I was out of breath, how had I managed to run 13.1 miles only 7 months before and not be out of breath? this baby has a lot to answer for, don't even get me started on what else needs shaving...



After the commotion in the bathroom I got ready to leave for swimming. I always put my swimming costume on under my clothes before I go just for ease really. Well to say I might need to buy a bigger one soon is a slight exaggeration... trying to pull the thing up and over my bump is a whole different kettle of fish compared to the leg incident...
managing to get it over the bump and pull the straps up over my shoulders I realise how little room there is for my boobs it seems baby is taking up most of the costume. only just managing to fit inside the thing Then the horrifying thought over comes me...
what if It splits whilst in the pool? what if my belly is so humongously huge my swimming costume actually splits and leaves me naked in a swimming pool full of people...


will I be arrested? surely they cant arrest a naked pregnant lady in distress? Na what's the actual chance this is going to happen, but maybe I should leave my towel by the side of the pool just in case?
well I can tell you I managed an hours swim and my swimming costume held everything in! PHEW!! time to buy a bigger one I think. All in all a good swim session no naked incidents and I finally have soft legs!


Z



xxx


2 comments:

  1. Oh I feel ya! After 5 months pregnant the shaving legs malarkey went out the window! Great post! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a man, I've obviously never experienced it first-hand. But I was there when my wife had the issues. BUT, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Fat Feet

I'm sitting here with a cuppa tea devouring a punnet of grapes trying to think what I can write my next blog post about?! I don't ha...